Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Upcoming Presentations on the Project

Tomorrow evening (11 January 2012: 6 pm Eastern, 3 pm Western), I’ll be interviewed on my old friend Joe Schuldenrein’s on-line radio talk show: “Indiana Jones: Myth, Reality, and 21st Century Archaeology (http://www.voiceamerica.com/show/1975/indiana-jones-myth-reality-and-21st-century-archaeology). Gary Quigg may join me if he can get to a land-line – he’s in the field doing archaeology. Joe is an accomplished geoarchaeologist who’s worked a good deal in historical archaeology as well as in forensic burial studies of Saddam Hussein’s victims in Iraq; he’s followed our project for a long time, and should be able to ask some good questions.  Maybe I'll have good answers.

I’ve also submitted a detailed paper on our evidence to Pacific Studies, an interdisciplinary peer-reviewed journal published at Brigham Young University. Titled “Amelia Earhart on Nikumaroro: a Summary of the Evidence,” it’s a build-out from the summary posted on this blog on December 18, 2010 (http://ameliaearhartarchaeology.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2011-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=17). Not accepted yet; I’ll keep you informed.  I'm grateful to EPAC members for helping me refine the paper and make it accurate.  IF YOU'D LIKE TO REVIEW THIS PAPER IN DRAFT, DROP ME A NOTE AT TFKING106@AOL.COM, AND I'LL SEND YOU A PDF.

No comments:

Post a Comment